Cockroaches belong to kingdom animalia, phylum anthropoda, class insect order blattaria. Some species invade human dwellings and are considered pests. Others are beneficial to the environment as important recyclers of decaying organic materials. The pest cockroach can be carries of various diseases because they are commonly found near waste deposits or in the kitchen, when food is present. Restaurants may also experience cockroach infestations.
Cockroaches can measure over 50cm (2 in) length, with tropical species tending to be larger than those found in the other climates. Cockroaches have six legs, two antennae and some have wings. However, most winged cockroaches are not particularly adept at flying. Cockroaches emit unpleasant odors and may also produce sound. The hissing cockroach is the most famous of these vocal cockroaches, although more common species may produce quieter clicking or chirping noises. Cockroaches can wreak havoc on your home.
To win the war in cockroach control, here’s what you should know:
- Entry: cockroaches can enter your home in many different ways, from the outside through cracks and crevices, vents, sewer and drain pipes. We even bring them n on products like grocery bags, boxes, purses and on our person!
- Ideal environment: your home is an ideal breeding ground for certain pest species of cockroaches. With plenty of food, warmth, water and nesting sites, they can remain active all year round.
- Reproduction: cockroaches reproduce quickly. For every one you see there can be many, many more hiding and multiplying behind your walls.
- Evasiveness: because cockroaches are naturally nocturnal, if you`ve seen one, you probably haven’t seen them all. The few cockroaches you see by day could mean they were likely forced out overcrowding; a possible sign of severe infestation.
- Allergies\asthma: the debris created by cast-off cockroaches skins, dead bodies and droppings can aggravate allergies, especially in children and sensitive individuals.
- Do-it-yourself ineffectiveness: cockroaches are better at hiding than you are at finding them, and their eggs are naturally protected from many over-the-counter insecticides.
Without special equipment, materials and know-how, cockroach control can be a losing battle. Cockroaches feed on all types of food and decaying organic matter. Serious pest in heated building such as hotels, laundries, multi occupant dwellings. Can carry disease organisms. Difficult to eradicate because lives deep within the building fabric. Combination of different formulation of different areas will give the most effective treatment.