Rodent’s biology and habits can make them challenging to control, and they present a serious menace to your home. If you’re in need of need of rodent control services, here’s what you should know about these pests.
- Instincts: Rats are instinctively wary of things new to their environment, including rat control measures such as traps and bait, and colonize in attics, burrows, under concrete and porches, in wall voids and other hard-to-reach places.
- Disease: rats can harbor and transmit a number of serious diseases. They can also introduce disease-carrying parasites such as fleas and ticks into your home.
- Access: They invade your home seeking food, water and warmth.
- Contamination: Each mouse can contaminate much more food than it eats.
Rodents are warm-blooded mammals that, like humans, can be found throughout the world. They have oversized front teeth for gnawing and check teeth, which are adapted for chewing. Rodents chew on a variety of items available to them and cause great damage in and around homes.
Rodents tend to be rapid breeders. Some species breed year-round, and populations are maintained through constant too small for them. All such holes should be sealed to prevent entry and reentry of rodents. A pest control professional should be contacted for assistance.
Rodents carry bacteria that cause illnesses and food poisoning. PESTLINE'S Tomcat Tamper proof patented bait stations with stay dry ramps and key locks systems to keep rodents from infiltrating your facility.
To control mice it can usually be achieved by a combination of methods like:
- High hygiene standards should be maintained particularly around food and refuse areas
- Access to properties should be restricted using suitable proofing material
- Use of suitable rodenticides and sometimes in combination with traps and sticky boards